Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > Beauty ~ In the Physical Sense > Skin Care

Old February 7th, 2008, 02:33 PM   #1
live.vintageously
Untouched Beauty

Referrals: 0

live.vintageously's Friends Network
Huh Oil Cleansing - need help with tiny red bumps!!!

I have been using the OCM for over a month now. It has really helped to cleanse my skin of blackheads. I have almost none on my chin, not even 2% salicylic acid got rid of 'em. So that's the good news.

The bad news: I keep getting tiny red bumps all over my forehead and temple area - lots of them. I assume they're clogged pores. They are not white heads, and they are not large pimples. They're no bigger than a raised black head. But these little party-poopers have made my forehead look terrible and feel rough and bumpy. And now, they're "spreading" to my cheeks. It's a bit of a cycle. They'll go away for a day or two, and than come back and seem to get worse and hang out for a few days.

I use a blend of 75% cocoa butter and 25% jojoba oil. I was using plain cocoa butter before and still got some bumps, but not nearly as bad. I've used jojoba in the past with no problems. Maybe it's the mix?

I usually massage for 2 to 3 minutes because I no longer get any plugs out and I have a few really bad broken capillaries around my nose and on my cheeks I don't want to worsen.

I don't steam because of the broken capillaries, and because it dried my skin out. I just use water slightly warmer than lukewarm. I use flannel for my face cloth.

If I still feel dry I'll use a tiny bit of the cocoa-jojoba to moisturize.

I'm sorry for the long post. I tried to access the orginal OCM post on Long Hair Community - so I could see if my question had already been answered - but there's something wrong with their server because their website has been down for days.

Thanks for your all your help. I really don't want to give up OCM...
live.vintageously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 02:34 PM   #2
live.vintageously
Untouched Beauty

I wanted to add that I've tried EVOO, Castor, and Avocado oils. They all made me break out.
Old February 8th, 2008, 07:13 PM   #3
Scarlet
Raw Beauty

Scarlet's Friends Network

I'm not an OCM expert by a long run, but I've heard cocoa butter will clog pores. Maybe that's the problem. I'm currently using avacado, and have been for many months with no real problems.

I hope one of the OCM guru's drop by soon, as they might have some good suggestions for you. May you find a solution soon. {{{{hugs}}}}

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.Eleanor Roosevelt, 'This Is My Story,' 1937
Make it a point to want what you have and you'll always have what you want. --dunno
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2008, 12:16 PM   #4
Copperhead
Natural Beauty

Copperhead's Friends Network

It's probably the cocoa butter, but some people do have problems with jojoba oil too. I think it contains a natural form of latex, so that could be where the irritation comes from. I use Grapeseed oil and it is very light and washes off very easily. You can buy it in the oil aisle of a grocery store. Jojoba is actually a liquid wax. Coconut oil might be a good alternative too.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2008, 02:37 PM   #5
Emichiee
Dazzling Beauty

Emichiee's Friends Network

Sorry no good advice just my experience

I use Olive+Castor Oil. In the beginning I had lots of tiny red spots all over my face but I stuck to it and I cleared up after 3 weeks....
I think my skin needed adjustment..

Also maybe you need to use a different % of castor oil and the other oil?

Emichiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2008, 05:27 AM   #6
live.vintageously
Untouched Beauty

Sorry for the late reply. I was working in a flower shop through the Valentine's Day, plus keeping up with full-time college classes.

I discovered my bumps weren't acne nor clogged pores. It was a rash! I was having an allergic reaction to the oils I was using. I quit using the cocoa-jojoba oil, quit the OCM, and used good ol' Pond's cold cream. By next morning the rash was nearly gone, and in two days my face was completely normal.

I love the Pond's cc, but I still like OCM, as it left my face so clean and glowy. So I'm using the Pond's cc daily, but I tried using Crisco to OCM last night, and no problems this morning. I think I'll try Crisco again in a few days, or whenever my face looks like it needs some extra deep cleaning and glow.

Thanks for the help, girls!
Old February 20th, 2008, 07:43 AM   #7
Sibylla
Natural Beauty

Sibylla's Friends Network

Many models use flax seed oil. I love it!

A trick to get rid of those red bumps is to sleep with vaseline on the affected area. For me it works like a magic trick. I hope it works for you too. I also dab some on my lips for more plumping lips and on my eyebrows and eyelashes so they grow longer.
Sibylla is offline   Reply With Quote