Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > Beauty ~ In the Physical Sense > Skin Care

Old June 13th, 2006, 07:46 AM   #1
jessie58
Tranquil Beauty

Referrals: 30

jessie58's Friends Network
Default The Wonders of Tea Tree Oil

Tea Tea Oil is absolutely amazing, I just really wanted to share a couple of things that I've discovered about it lately.

I've only been using Tea Tree Oil since joining LHC a few months ago and I've discovered some astonishing uses for it. I think it's a wonder oil. This week I discovered two new uses for it.

First of all I put a few drops in my OCM mixture because I read about it in many peoples recipes and I find I really like it in there.

I have to tell you that I've had these two enlarged pores on my face all my life, one right over my left brow and one on the left side of my nose. They have always been there since my early twenties and they just look like a combination between a pimple and one single large pore. They're not really all that noticeable, kind of like a mild zit and I'm used to them.

Anyway, I have been putting tea tree oil on them every day for about two weeks, not sure why I thought of it but I just decided to see if I could dry them up or something. Well they have both been shrinking and I swear the one on my forehead is almost gone. I can't believe it. I'm not sure what is going on but it honestly is making them disappear. They've been there for more than 20 years.

The other discovery I've made is also a really random use idea. I cover my grey hair about every 4 to 5 weeks with a semipermanant hair color. Sometimes the hairdresser leaves a bit of a stain on the skin. Hairdressers have always got this useless cream that they try to remove the color with and my SIL uses cigarette ashes to scrub it off. No thank you, I declined that offer even though it really works.
Anyway, my skin really soaks up hair dye and sometimes my skin has been stained for up to about 5 days because I try not to wash my hair for a few days after coloring. So, I decided to get out the good old Tea Tree Oil TWO DAYS after coloring my hair. I put some on the end of a Q-Tip an it took out the color just like magic. I couldn't believe it. I just rinsed the oil off my forehead with cold water after and there wasn't a trace of color left on my skin. I was amazed. I only used one drop on each end of the Q-Tip. Why don't all hairdressers know how simple and cheap it is to remove the dye on the skin?

I was wondering if you guys all know this and have been holding out on me? I love this stuff. I really wanted to share this because I am so excited about it. Anybody else have any other amazing uses for Tea Tree Oil?
jessie58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 08:22 AM   #2
kimberlily
Divine Beauty

Referrals: 2

kimberlily's Friends Network

Actually, it makes sense that TTO would take the dye out of your skin, since it is astringent Neat discovery! I wish I'd thought of that back in my hair dye days.

I usually just use it on the occasional zits I get. I've got one on my chin right now. Bleh.
kimberlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 08:27 AM   #3
jessie58
Tranquil Beauty

Kimberlily the funny thing is they don't do anything for a zit on me. I've barely had one since using the OCM method and rosewater toner but I have tried it on the occasional one and it doesn't help. Also my daugher has tried but it doesn't help her either.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that you can use it for cleaning around the house too. I must go look that up. Hmm household cleaner on my face. Strange.
Old June 13th, 2006, 08:38 AM   #4
Love My Cop
Dazzling Beauty

Referrals: 0

Love My Cop's Friends Network

I'll have to add Tea Tree to my shopping list! Trader Joes, carries it, so I know just where to find it! I was reading the post last night, on how Tree Tea is good for damaged nails as well. Will continue to follow this thread with interest
Love My Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 08:39 AM   #5
jessie58
Tranquil Beauty

Love My Cop can you add that damaged nail information here?
Old June 13th, 2006, 08:40 AM   #6
physicschick
Alluring Beauty

physicschick's Friends Network

Tea tree oil doesn't help with my regular zits, but it's great for cystic acne. It's soothing and helps the swelling go down. I mix a couple drops with a squirt of aloe gel. (Thank to icydove for the idea. )

I'll be reading this thread with interest, since I have a lot of TTO and it'll take years to use up if I'm just putting it on acne.

--physicschick
Old June 13th, 2006, 09:08 AM   #7
Love My Cop
Dazzling Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie58
Love My Cop can you add that damaged nail information here?

Jessie: It was a post started yesterday, by a gal named " Susie", she was talking about nail fungus, on how Tea Tree seem to have helped her. But, then again, she stated it took a long time.
Old June 13th, 2006, 09:14 AM   #8
Love My Cop
Dazzling Beauty

http://www.teatreeoil.net/use.htm?source=goto&OVRAW=uses%20for%20tea%20tree% 20oil&OVKEY=use%20of%20tea%20tree%20oil&OVMTC=stan dard

I found this site, and im sure there are tons more, that will give you information on Tea Tree and its uses
Old June 13th, 2006, 09:15 AM   #9
Snow White
Untouched Beauty

Snow White's Friends Network

I love tea tree oil. Other things I have used it for: gargle with it for a sore throat (1 drop in 3 or 4 oz of water), apply it to canker sores, put it on bug bites (sort of works), add it to water for the baby's wipes, add it to bath water for diaper rash (not sure if it really helped, but it didn't hurt anything either), put it in lotion for toddler, added it to my face soap. I'm on DH computer otherwise I have a page bookmarked that has a whole list of uses.
Snow White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 09:43 AM   #10
naj
Dazzling Beauty

naj's Friends Network

TToil is really very useful. I used it in my OCM oil mix(now i do not OCM because it didnt suit my skin), applied directly on my zits. It did help with the healing but it dried my skin awfully and i cannot use moisturizers.
The most important places i found it useful is on bug bites and in my toner.
I should try out the pore thingy as Jessie58 said becaus ei do have some pores around my brows and nose.
But i wish it helped with blackheads....
Naj
naj is offline   Reply With Quote